These are sooooo easy. And delicious. And chewy and wonderful. They are a great last minute gift for father’s day, if your dad likes mango…although you can order a super awesome brownie cake with cookie dough truffles for Dad if you’re in the GTA and place it by midnight tonight! Just give me a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org. OR you can make these. There. Father’s day is solved!
All it takes is:
- 200g dried mango
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
You’ll also need a double boiler, some parchment paper and a cookie sheet (as well as some flat space in your fridge).
This has got to be the easiest thing I’ve ever posted.
- melt the chocolate, stirring to make sure everything is evenly melted
- dip in the mango slices (for the first few you’ll have too much chocolate on them, so wipe them on the side of the bowl to get ride of excess)
- lay each chocolate dipped slice on parchment covered cookie sheet
- sprinkle with coconut.
- refridgerate until chocolate is solid.
- use a wooden spoon to eat any remaining chocolate from the bowl.
Okay, so I didn’t have to include that 6th step, but really, you don’t want to waste any chocolate. You don’t want to be that person!
Here’s another chocolate dipped idea:
Strawberries covered in chocolate topped with chopped pistachio=awesome! Considering how easy these are, I’m thinking they should be on a weekly rotation in every home. What do you say?