I’ve been holding out on you, and I’m sorry. This dish should have been posted months ago…but every time we made it we were so hungry it was gone before there was time to snap a photo. Even this time…I held out on you a little because the photos weren’t quite up to par for me…but the dish? Love it!
This is delicious flavorful “pasta” that makes you feel really good, because you’re eating loads of veggies. It’s also got a very delicious sauce, unlike any sauce I’ve had anywhere…on anything. Super creamy with a little bit of a kick. The flavors balance each other perfectly.
All you’re doing is cutting veggies thinly so they rememble pasta. In terms of texture, zucchini is probably the most ‘pasta’ like. Here I’ve used zucchini, pepper and eggplant. I also like using some steamed broccoli, but really you can use whatever veggies you want. Here we go!
Feel free to play around with which veggies you use. This is a great way to use up whatever you have on time. Consider this list of veggies a base, but the more you add the better–I like putting cherry tomatoes on top, or a bed of chopped baby spinach underneath for more veggie power!
- 2 peppers
- 2 zucchinis
- 4 carrots
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (or other plain yogurt)
- juice 1 lime
- 1 chipotle pepper (leave seeds in, or discard, depending on your desired spice level)
- Optional: sliced almonds for topping (adds a nice crunch!)
- 1 t chili paste
- 1 t coriander dried
- salt + pepper to taste
- julienne your ‘pasta’ veggies (pepper, zucchini, carrots)
- sautee the veggies over medium/low for 7 minutes in a little bit of broth
- meanwhile..combine all other ingredients except almonds, and puree together (I use an immersion blender)
- when veggies are ready, serve immediately topped with a big giant dollop of the sauce, and garnish with almonds and green onions
- ENJOY the fastest most delicious heaping serving of veggies.
Lastly: pat yourself on the back
Aside from a wonderful way to eat a ton of veggies (feel free to up the veggie amount in this dish–), this is awesome because:
- low carb, especially compared to grains
- the healthiest cream sauce you’ll eat in your life