It’s a wee bit early for Valentine’s day, but I’m on a deadline. I’ve got a few contests to enter with dates that occur before the official February 14. I’m thinking that valentine’s day themed recipes are an excuse to get creative, and I’m not going to lie, I like a contest. I noticed one contest online for valentine’s recipes, and I decided to take the extra challenge of making something valentine-worthy, and also gluten free vegan. Just to see if I could. I’m pretty pleased with the results…I wish these roses were hot pink, but going all natural means no food coloring! My valentine likes raspberries, so I picked up some dried ones, wanting to experiment with them. This is what I came up with!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil + some for greasing
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup quinoa flakes (you could probably sub quinoa flour, or a flour of your choice)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup dried raspberries
I made these using a silicone rose-shaped mini muffin mold, so you could use a regular mini muffin pan if you have one on hand.
- preheat oven to 325
- soak raspberries in 1/3 cup boiling water for 10 minutes
- combine all other ingredients, and put them in the food processor
- add raspberries and their water to the food processor, and blend until they are relatively broken down (don’t worry about it being perfect)
- spoon into pan
- bake 25 minutes
I dusted these with some “powdered sugar”. I got the recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie, here. I was so glad she came up with an alternative to powdered sugar. It adds so much visually, but I certainly don’t want to be eating it!
These are dense like a flourless cake. You could even make them into ‘pops’ and have an entire bouquet. I was thinking of that…but then we started eating them…and so next time. Next time I will try to make these with FRESH berries. I’m thinking I’ll use 2/3 cup fresh berries, and no water. If anyone wants to give that a shot, let me know how it goes! Enjoy! And happy groundhogs day. Did the groundhog where you live see his shadow?