I was tempted to challenge myself to see how many different things I could make using egg nog. Including the actual egg nog, which started out my holiday series, I have now made 4 egg nog recipes. Yesterday I had eggnog cupcakes, recipes for single serving and a batch of 12. And I’ll all out of egg nog, and eggs! However, I’m starting to think that there is no end to what I could make out of eggnog. And it’s such a delicious flavor, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Yum. After tomorrow’s post I will explore other flavors again. But for now, start the day holiday style with egg nog pancakes!
This recipe serves 4.
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (or flour or choice)
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes (or rolled oats, or more flour)
- 1.5 cups egg nog
- 2 T cinnamon
- 1.5 T vanilla
- 3 T agave (or honey, or syrup, or stevia–but if it’s stevia use less)
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat griddle/pan, and oil it
- Combine all wet ingredients, and whisk together
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Gradually add the dry to the wet, whisking away
- When the pan is heated, pour on the batter (I like to use a 1/8 cup measuring scoop to pour the batter to keep them all the same size)
- Make your syrup!
Egg nog syrup ingredients:
- 1/4 cup egg nog
- scant 1/4 cup syrup
- splash of vanilla
Stir everything together, and serve over pancakes. ENJOY. I topped mine with toasted coconut, and a cupcake topper, just to make it extra fancy. Why not? I might have the urge to put cupcake toppers on everything now… If you don’t think it’s egg nog overload, you can serve it with a glass of egg nog…maybe sneak in a shot of espresso too!